Tradesy, Apparel, Accessories
Past Articles by This Author:
Century 21 Opens New Concept Store at The Outlet Collection2013 Burlington Coat Factory Red Dress Event Donates $1.1 Million to WomenHeartCamila Alves-McConaughey to Co-Host INC Fashion Show at Macy's in Las Vegas, 5/18D'Marie Launches Crowd-Sourcing Project to Fund Mobile AppH&M Commits to SafetyVictoria's Secret Reveals Their 2013 What Is Sexy? ListDaily Deal 5/13/13: J BrandAnn Taylor Debuts Kate Hudson's Exclusive CollectionSINGER22 Launches New Designer DayPhoto Coverage: Kate Spade's New Madison Ave. Store Opens
"My dream is to show women how to turn their closets into currency," said Tracy DiNunzio. "We view our belongings as things that we 'own' and are, in a sense, stuck with. But what if we could all see our wardrobes as interchangeable, and our clothing as assets that hold value? Then more women would have access to the fashion that makes them look and feel great, without the stress of overspending."
Tradesy's Unique Features include:
- Pricing Recommendation Engine: A unique algorithm provides users with pricing recommendations based on what's selling on Tradesy, current trending styles and brand insights to maximize sales potential.
- Free and Easy Shipping: Shipping, packaging, and insurance are included in the price of every item on Tradesy.com. When an item sells, Tradesy sends a prepaid shipping kit to the seller's doorstep, with the buyer's address already in place.
- Hassle-Free Returns: Tradesy is one of the only online peer-to-peer marketplaces that accept returns, alleviating the uncertainty of buying online from individual sellers.
- The Tradesy Trust Promise: Sellers are paid only once they've shipped their items, and their shipping tracking number is activated. Any seller who has misrepresented an item on Tradesy is banned, and the cost of the item is refunded in full to the buyer.
- Mobile App: For on-the-go selling, Tradesy's mobile app lets sellers post items using a simple, 60-second mobile listing process.
- Beautiful Images: Tradesy improves the quality of item images uploaded by sellers, which in turn improves sales, by cleaning the background from each photo and enhancing image quality.
- Follow trends and alerts: Tradesy created a tool where you can "follow" other women of a similar size and taste. Find the personality behind each unique piece, and be the first to know about it. Users can sign up to be alerted when interested item is listed that they were looking for or marked down in price.
- Video: In addition to posting images, sellers may also add video to their listings. Videos allow sellers to show off product attributes in detail.
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace where women buy and sell new and gently used apparel and accessories. Tradesy's mission is help women get more of the fashion that makes them look and feel great, while spending less. The platform was created by a team with deep e-commerce, technology and fashion experience. Founder Tracy DiNunzio launched Recycled Bride, now the world's largest wedding marketplace, in 2009.
Tradesy's distinguished investors and advisors include: Rincon Venture Partners, 500 Startups – founded by Dave McClure, Dany Levy-founder of Daily Candy, Bee Partners, Daher Capital, Double M Capital, Launchpad LA, Miles Beckett-Founder & CEO of EQAL, Chance Barnett-Founder & CEO of Crowdfunder, Sam Teller-Managing Director of Launchpad LA, and Sandy Grushow-former chairman Fox Television.
More Articles by This Author...