Target, Target Emerging Designer Award
Target Corporation announced the finalists for the Target Emerging Designer Award. The award, first unveiled at Montreal Fashion Week last September, offers up-and-coming fashion designers the chance to win a $25,000 grant, a full page profile in ELLE Québec, and create an exclusive collection that will be sold at Target stores across Québec in 2014.
After reviewing the submissions, Target and its partners are pleased to announce the following five finalists selected for the final competition:
- ANASTASIA LOMONOVA (Anastasia Lomonova)
- by THOMAS (Natasha Thomas)
- MÉLISSA NEPTON (Mélissa Nepton)
- NISSE (Nargisse Ennasri Akyuz)
- UNTLLD (Simon Bélanger & José Manuel St-Jacques)
"We are very pleased with the caliber of the entries we received and think this speaks to the quality of design talent that Quebec is known for," commented John Morioka, senior vice president, Merchandising, Target Canada. "Participating in the selection process was energizing and I look forward to seeing our five finalists bring their collections to life on the runway. While it will be difficult to select one winner from the amazing design capabilities I have seen so far, I look forward to working with the winner to bring our first Quebec collaboration to life."
The designs of the finalists will be judged by a panel of industry professionals, each with a diverse perspective on the fashion business:
- Marianne Cobb - vice president, Marketing, Canadelle
- Denis Desro - editor in chief, Fashion, ELLE Québec
- Chantal Durivage - co-president, Groupe Sensation Mode
- Annie Horth - professional stylist
- John Morioka - senior vice president, Merchandising, Target Canada
"ELLE Québec is proud to be a part of this initiative and we look forward to featuring these talented designers in our pages," said Denis Desro, editor in chief, Fashion, ELLE Québec. "The Target Emerging Designer Award represents the chance of a lifetime for emerging designers to catapult their career."