L'Oreal Paris Announces Women of Worth Honorees
L'Oreal Paris, Beauty, Cosmetics, Women of Worth
Past Articles by This Author:
Daily Deal 6/12/13: James PerseDaily Deal 6/11/13: Corso ComoIsabel Marant x H&M Announced for FallIs Marc Jacobs Heading to Coach?Jason Wu Named Hugo Boss Artistic Director of WomenswearDaily Deal 6/10/13: Alice + OliviaAmorModa.com Debuts New Wedding DressesDaily Deal 6/9/13: ParkerKate Spade Saturday Store Features a Giant Touchscreen StorefrontOne Direction Launches First Scent
L'Oreal Paris announced its exceptional 2012 Women of Worth honorees. Now in its seventh year, the Women of Worth program has recognized 70 incredible women to date for their amazing accomplishments, and this year's ten honorees continue to inspire through their dedication to philanthropy and their passion for improving the world. From young women who pioneered programs while still in high school to women who have been changing lives for decades, 2012's Women of Worth honorees are making an extraordinary difference in their communities.
"The L'Oreal Paris family is incredibly proud to celebrate this year's inspiring group of honorees," said L'Oreal Paris President, Karen Fondu. "These amazing women represent our brand heritage and philosophy, "Because You're Worth It," by inspiring us all with their dedication and commitment to making a beautiful difference."
Each of the incredible honorees has received $10,000 for her charitable cause and will be recognized at an awards ceremony and dinner hosted by L'Oreal Paris and Hearst Magazines on December 6th in New York City. At the event, one National Honoree, chosen via a public online vote, will be announced, and she will receive an additional $25,000 for her charity.
Public online voting for the Women of Worth National Honoree is open from today (November 5th) through November 21st on womenofworth.com. Visitors to the site can vote once per day for their favorite Woman of Worth, and the honoree with the most votes will be named National Honoree.
Setting the bar for extraordinary philanthropic efforts, this year's honorees support a wealth of important causes, from healthcare to education and everything in between.
- Amy Paterson – Portland, OR; Co-founder of My Little Waiting Room, an organization that promotes the health and well-being of families by bringing drop-in child care to the hospital so that children can thrive as families heal.
- Catherine Meek – Los Angeles, CA; Executive Director of School on Wheels, an organization that enhances the educational opportunities for homeless children by pairing homeless students one-on-one with volunteer tutors.
- Dr. Ida Johnson – Davenport, IA; Founder of United Neighbors, Inc., an organization that helps others help themselves while building self-worth, and includes youth, education, housing, financial literacy and multicultural healthcare programs.
- Kate Bialo – Larchmont, NY; Founder and Executive Director of Furniture Sharehouse, an organization that empowers underprivileged families by providing basic furniture to turn their house into a home.
- Lorraine Kerwood – Eugene, OR; Founder of NextStep, an organization that focuses on people, the planet and education by providing community members with disabilities the tools they need to succeed academically and in the workplace.
- Olivia Stinson – Charlotte, NC; Founder of Pen Pals Book Club and Support Group, an organization that strives to promote literacy and provide cultural and social activities for the children of incarcerated parents.
- Risa Vetri Ferman – Abington, PA; Co-founder of Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center, a non-profit that gives child abuse victims a voice and helps them heal.
- Sandy Puc' – Littleton, CO; Co-founder of Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, an organization that provides the gift of remembrance photography for parents suffering the loss of a baby.
- Sarah Cronk – Bettendorf, IA; Founder of The Sparkle Effect, a student-run program that empowers teens nationwide to include students with disabilities in school-based cheerleading and dance programs.
- Sue Runsvold – San Jose, CA; Founder of TurningWheels for Kids, an organization that provides a brand new bike to every low-income, at-risk child who needs or wants one.
WOMEN OF WORTH PROGRAM
The Women of Worth initiative, now in its seventh year, is inspired by L'Oreal Paris' iconic brand philosophy, "Because You're Worth It." Since its inception, the program has recognized 70 women for their outstanding devotion to their causes, with honorees embodying the spirit of the L'Oreal Paris brand through their commitment to their communities, their selflessness and their drive to make a difference in the world.
More Articles by This Author...