Grand Central Holiday Fair is Back
Grand Central Holiday Fair, Apparel, Accessories
Past Articles by This Author:
Century 21 Opens New Concept Store at The Outlet Collection2013 Burlington Coat Factory Red Dress Event Donates $1.1 Million to WomenHeartCamila Alves-McConaughey to Co-Host INC Fashion Show at Macy's in Las Vegas, 5/18D'Marie Launches Crowd-Sourcing Project to Fund Mobile AppH&M Commits to SafetyVictoria's Secret Reveals Their 2013 What Is Sexy? ListDaily Deal 5/13/13: J BrandAnn Taylor Debuts Kate Hudson's Exclusive CollectionSINGER22 Launches New Designer DayPhoto Coverage: Kate Spade's New Madison Ave. Store Opens
Grand Central Terminal's acclaimed Holiday Fair fills Vanderbilt Hall for six weeks starting Nov. 12, with 76 juried artists and craftspeople drawn primarily from New York City and its surrounding areas. In celebration of the Terminal's upcoming Centennial in 2013, this year's Holiday Fair offers shoppers an eclectic mix of goods, including art, clothing, handbags, jewelry, bath & body, kids clothes and toys, and holiday items.
True to the tradition of making each Holiday Fair unique with fresh new items, this year 19 of the 76 vendors are new to the fair.
Started in 1993, the six-week, indoor fair gives vendors an opportunity to showcase their merchandise and build awareness for their brand to the more than 1 million people who pass through Grand Central Terminal each day of the holiday season. The Holiday Fair has launched the careers of numerous early-career artisans, having exposed their work to department store buyers, fashion VIPs and celebrity shoppers.
New Yorkers, commuters and tourists will find unique gift items for their friends and families as they shop the variety of products and price points while enjoying the Terminal's warm environment, the storied surroundings, and proximity to a wide variety of activities in one of the city's most iconic buildings.
Holiday Fair vendors and products by category include:
- Artwork: Skendzic Photography – The fine art photographer and printmaker based in New York is known for his gold leaf prints that resemble orotones and daguerreotypes.
- Bath & Body: Apotheke – A Brooklyn, NY-based couple makes the products for their soap and candle company out of their loft with 100 percent natural materials.
- Clothing: NFP: new form perspective – This Beacon, NY-based company's knitted sweaters, hand-felted dresses and tops are one-of-a-kind, custom-ordered items. The unique designs are accompanied by instructional videos on the store's website, offering different ways to style and structure each piece.
- Accessories: Lisa Shaub Fine Millinery – The New York City company's fine, handmade, felted hats have been seen in the pages of fashion magazines and on the heads of Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Clare Danes, Audrey Tatou and other celebrities.
- Holiday-themed: Christina's World – These custom-designed, mouth-blown, hand-painted glass Christmas ornaments cater to every taste. Proceeds are donated to charities, including the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
- Home Goods & Crafts: Kiln Design Studio – The Brooklyn, NY-based home décor and jewelry designers create decorative and functional pieces for the home, as well as jewelry made of copper and enamel materials.
- Kids: Brooklyn Junior – The company has been making colorful, playful, high-quality clothes for little kids since it set up shop in 2008. The company is involved in local charity organizations including Brooklyn Community Housing Services and Fashion on Fulton, and supports the fundraising efforts of local schools and nonprofits.
- Jewelry: Draugsvold Jewelry – Jewelry designer Melissa Draugsvold was living in Rockaway Beach in Brooklyn when she started this jewelry company. Her designs are big, bold and inspired by nature, the sea, and open spaces.
- Centennial: Grand Central Terminal 100 Years – This booth will be a combination of three companies that have created a variety of products in honor of Grand Central's Centennial, including bath & body products, jewelry, journals, totes, and holiday cards.
|The Art of Bulgari: La Dolce Vita & Beyond on Display at Fine Arts Museum of San Fran|
May 23, 2013
|DICK'S Sporting Goods' Management Announces Citi Global Consumer Conference, 5/30|
May 23, 2013
|STYLE POP with Jeannie Mai and Louise Roe to Debut on Style, 6/6|
May 22, 2013
|LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT I WORE Set for Philadelphia Theatre Company This Summer With Aisha de Haas, Kate Flannery and More|
May 22, 2013
|Nike Unveils First Manchester City Home Kit on New York Tour|
May 22, 2013
More Articles by This Author...