BuDhaGirl Launches New Collection
Past Articles by This Author:
Daily Deal 6/12/13: James PerseDaily Deal 6/11/13: Corso ComoIsabel Marant x H&M Announced for FallIs Marc Jacobs Heading to Coach?Jason Wu Named Hugo Boss Artistic Director of WomenswearDaily Deal 6/10/13: Alice + OliviaAmorModa.com Debuts New Wedding DressesDaily Deal 6/9/13: ParkerKate Spade Saturday Store Features a Giant Touchscreen StorefrontOne Direction Launches First Scent
Spirituality and Fashion collide to bring a new line to the forefront with globally inspired jewelry and fine objects for the "glam OHM- embracing set". BuDhaGirl is truly a "first" in the market by giving beautiful objects a purpose and ritual, with the science to substantiate the importance of brain health and contemplative practices. BuDhaGirl is deeply rooted in the present while being informed and inspired by the past.
Co- Founder, Susie Hoimes, hails from the world of celebrated vintage jewelry as founder of the notable MDVII, haven for true vintage and costume jewelry collectors. MDVI, named one of the eight vintage shops to know by Vogue Magazine, Susie brings her extensive knowledge of costume and fine jewelry to BuDhaGirl. Jessica Jesse joins BuDhaGirl from the world of fashion elite, working directly with Gianni Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Bill Blass and Valentino. Holding directorship positions for Saks Fifth Avenue, Niemen Marcus and working directly under Hubert de Givenchy allowed Jesse to hone in to the zeitgeist of fashion and style alike. Both women grew up internationally exposing them to different cultures and norms. From Africa to Austria, their colorful childhoods along with their own adult self-exploration gives them a unique vantage point to breath sensitivity, compassion and a mindful perspective into their new Collection. Both Jesse and Hoimes have traveled extensively, living in the moment and valuing the process as much as the personal outcome.
The foundation of the line is the Core Pendant and Cuff which include interchangeable reminders like Serenity, Focus, Good Fortune, among others, which are small, precious objects that you put in your Core to focus your attention, wrist wraps with customizable end caps, all weather golden bangles are just a few of the innovative accessories that make up this purposeful jewelry collection.
Key pieces of the collection include:
- · Core Cuff - The BuDhaGirl Core Cuff is a jewelry piece with pedigree. Based on an extraordinary 1930's French creation, the modern version is the vehicle that will hold your Reminders. Opening coffer lid reveals compartment to add your BuDhaGirl Reminder daily. $395
- · Wrist Wraps- These spectacular bracelets are covered with stingray shagreen, a material that's been used for centuries to embellish everything from Japanese sword hilts to inlaid Parisian boxes. Each wrap features removable, interchangeable BuDhaGirl End Caps that serve as your daily Reminders. Decadently luxurious, our wrist wraps are sold in pairs. $395
- · Temple Chain - Instantly iconic, BuDhaGirl Temple Chain is 34 inches, giving the option of doubling it into a choker. The links are round, square and rectangular....life is variable, why shouldn't your jewelry be? The rectangular links feature a clear crystal bead and a miniature hand-finished Buddha. Made of brass, plated with 1-micron 18kt gold. An ideal accompaniment to the BudhaGirl Core Pendant and the BuDhaBoy Pendants $145
- · All Weather Bangles - circles of gold dust filament suspended in flexible, polyvinyl carbonate rings, then sealed with exclusive BuDhaGirl prayer beads. The Bangles are waterproof (you can wear them in the shower), soundproof (none of that traditional clanging), and practically weightless. $125
- · Core Pendant -transformed it into a pendant and used to hold Reminders, or consider combining it with our Temple Chain, Torque or Ottoman Silk Cords. Fashioned from 18kt gold micro-plated stainless steel, the coffer lid lifts to reveal a secret compartment to house your BuDhaGirl daily Reminder. Feel chic, modern....enigmatic. $175
- · BuDhaBoy Pendants -inspired by a jade Buddha carved in the modernist style. Ours are fabricated in resin to minimize weight. The BuDhaBoys come in sets of three in a choice of color ranges: Neon, Moss and Chica $135
More Articles by This Author...